Well, it was the Saturday before my birthday when I asked my mum if I could have my birthday presents early. I know all kids (and some adults) do this, but I really needed mine before my birthday. Normally, my mum wouldn't have given in, but she did. I got two baby rabbits and a lovely hutch from the garden centre. One rabbit was black and I called this one Treacle and the other was brown so I called this one Toffee. I was now a proud parent of my own little children that I would spend lots of time with over the coming week.
Mum said they were never to come into the house, but they came in lots and lots. Mum said I had to promise to keep the hutch clean which I did all the time. Mum didn't realize that I had thrown the rabbit droppings over next door's fence. She did suss me out a few days later and told me off about it. I saw her smirking as she walked away.
Mum took me shopping for clothes for my big day on 17th May 2007. I bought a lovely patterned tunic, a pair of leggings, some flat shoes (because I was tall), some earrings and a necklace. Mum then asked me if I could think of anything I would like to open on the day. I said that I would like some perfume and we spent a while in the chemist smelling all the different ones until they all smelt the same. I went back to one which I loved. It was Touch of Pink by Lacoste. Mum wanted to wrap it up but I begged her to let me have a spray of it when we got back home. It didn't get wrapped up. I even came downstairs wearing all my new clothes. Mum asked me to put them away until my party. I hung them in my wardrobe after having a good look at myself in the mirror.
I did get to wear these clothes and my new jewellery. I was in The Chapel of Rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. I know it will be hard for you if you have a child with Type 1 Diabetes, but if you would like to contact me, I would love to hear from you in any matter regarding this disease.