Tuesday, 19 June 2012

About Me

 

Hi. Ma name is Danni. Ma full name is Danielle Candice Watson. Ma mum and dad only giv me da name of Danielle Watson. They didnt realize I shud av ad a middle name so I stole ma middle name from da girl off Coronation Street called Candice coz she was gr8 and ded pwitty. I was born on da 19th ov May 1994 into da world you all no. I no loadsa peeps wont undastand diz language so I will write it so u do.

A few months after I had left, I told my mum that she was to write a book and that I would help her. You see, my mum loved me so much, she didn't give me the freedom that I wanted. I wanted to go out with my mates but mum was always scared that something would happen to me. She thought I was going to get run over or kidnapped. My mates were allowed out so why wasn't I? If ever I said that I wanted to go swimming, my mum had to drive me there because she said she was going shopping anyway. When I wanted to go to any of my friends' houses, my mum had to question everything before she would let me go and even then, she had to drive me. Oh no, nobody was allowed to pick me up just in case they didn't make sure I had my seatbelt on or maybe they might drive too fast.

Since I have been able to assess my life, I have had to accept that she was scared of losing me. My mum used to imagine being given the news that I had been run over on the way to school or that I had collapsed during cross country. When I wasn't home at 3.40 pm, (school finished at 3.30 pm and it was a ten minute walk from school if you didn't stop to talk to your mates) oh, something must have happened to me and she would be on the corner looking for me. Well, she might have left it 15 minutes before she came outside pretending that she needed to post a letter. I always had my mobile with me and I made sure I told my mum whenever I moved from one place to another, but that wasn't good enough. My mum rang me in between me ringing her. Did she think she was going to lose me? Well my friends' mums weren't like that.

If you want to know more about me, well my bedroom is kitted out with everything 'Playboy'. My quilt cover is the playboy design, my lava lamp has playboy glittery bits in it, I have a playboy watch, clothes, purse, handbag, belt, slippers, necklace and earrings. My mum now wears my playboy cuff which is gorgeous. It is shiny black with a diamante playboy figure on it. She also wears my thick white belt that I bought to go over my turquoise top that she is now also trying to get into. She will never pinch my shoes because I am a size 7 going into an 8 and she is a 5 1/2 (aww bless). Oh yes, my height of 5 ft 7 1/2" made me tower over my mum's height of 5 ft 2 1/2". She used to tell me that the 1/2" was very important but it still made me 5" taller than her and I was only 12 years old! What was she gonna do when I carried on growing? Oh, by the way, my Consultant used to call me in like this "Can I have Danielle Long Legs?". I mean, how embarrassing! I did have long legs but the waiting room of people stared at my legs and that made me too conscious of walking okay that I ended up walking funny or too quickly to get it over with. I was growing at the rate of 1 cm per month and I was starting to think that I would be too tall to get a boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I know it will be hard for you if you have a child with Type 1 Diabetes, but if you would like to contact me, I would love to hear from you in any matter regarding this disease.