I seemed to have been getting on with things around the house yesterday, when BANG! - I got a Facebook message from a friend of Danielle's, asking where he could go to pay his respects as he had been thinking about her a lot over the last few weeks. He had rang a bereavement enquiry line who informed him that she had not been buried like he thought. He asked me if it was true that she had been cremated and it felt like a knife had gone into the middle of my chest and started to twist. My eyes were overflowing with tears as I started to regret what I had done.
I still haven't come to terms with the fact that my daughter is not here in person and can't bring myself to accept ashes as an alternative to her. It's time, I think, to put the ashes somewhere and get an angel overlooking her in the form of a beautiful monument, but where do I start? I have the place in a beautiful cemetery but nothing more.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. I know it will be hard for you if you have a child with Type 1 Diabetes, but if you would like to contact me, I would love to hear from you in any matter regarding this disease.