Tuesday, 19 June 2012

The Day Before My Birthday

My mum was lying in bed working out how the day was going to go. My little brother, Jamie was still asleep and I hadn't got up yet. It was about 8 in the morning when my mum switched the telly on in her bedroom and just stayed where she was, mulling things over in her head. I was off school and Jamie was on school holidays so mum made the most of it. When she decided to get up she came in just to check that I was still breathing as she always did; this had never left her since I was a baby. She was always listening for me breathing and if she wasn't sure, she would always put the back of her hand on my chest to feel it moving.

I was off school today so my mum was letting me have a lie-in. Well at 9.15 am, my mum thought it was time we were up really, but at the same time she thought that I should enjoy my last lie-in before getting me back to school or finding a tutor for home education. My mum arranged to have the office at home made so that she had her working area on one side and I had mine on the other. Well anyway, my mum got out of bed and opened my door first as usual but she noticed that the part of my leg that she could see, had a mark on it which looked like a red bruise. As she stood next to me, she saw this reddish coloured bruise spread a bit more and it didn't seem right so she pulled the quilt back and couldn't quite make it out. I was lying on my front but although my skin colour hadn't changed, there were red deposits in between my legs and when she turned me over, my chest was very red. She rubbed my skin and it wasn't cold as she had feared. She opened my eyes and they were still as dark brown and beautiful as ever. The only thing visible was the scratch marks off the baby rabbits I got for my birthday. They had scratched my chest so much, but did I listen to my mum? No, you are right. I loved those scratch marks. Oh, did I forget to say, it was to be my birthday tomorrow? I was going to be 13. Me and my mum went to B & Q yesterday to buy a barbecue. We laughed so much carrying it to the car. I was laughing much more than my mum because I was excited about my party. Yes, my Uncle's girlfriend who was a Beautician was coming over to do our eyebrow shaping and makeovers, we were then off down the town while the barbecue was heating up. Then we were having a barbecue with some good loud music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I know it will be hard for you if you have a child with Type 1 Diabetes, but if you would like to contact me, I would love to hear from you in any matter regarding this disease.